Handouts and presentations from Nigel’s presentations at the 2013 TESOL conference in Dallas, Texas.
Grammar Choices that Matter in Graduate Writing (publisher’s session)
- PowerPoint presentation for Grammar CHOICES
- More information about Grammar Choices for Graduate and Professional Writers
- University of Michigan Press ESL Website
- Teacher Support Materials, including the commentary& answer key
Supporting ESL Graduate Students (roundtable discussion)
- handout and bibliography of teaching resources
- notes from the discussion (Google Doc)
- If you could not attend the roundtable or workshop but would like to join an ongoing conversation about supporting and teaching graduate students, please join our new email list or contact me.
Teaching the Genres of Graduate Writing (workshop with Chris Feak)
- PowerPoint presentation
- Bibliography of resources on genre in ESL/graduate writing
- University of Delaware ELI
- University of Michigan ELI
- Compleat Lexical Tutor
- Corpus of Contemporary American English
We will also be presenting a version of the this workshop at the European Association of Teachers of Academic Writing in Budapest, Hungary, in June.
Don’t forget to submit your proposals for sessions focused on graduate students for TESOL 2014 in Portland, Oregon, by June 1!